The Buffalo Fx Evolution Overdrive / Distortion is a highly unique and massively tweaked amalgamation of two of the most famous pedals ever created. The roots of the evolution lie in the 70’s big muff which was used as the basis of the overdrive pedal made by a world renowned UK builder in the early nineties. I’ve gone back to the drawing board and extensively re-worked the muff circuit while still keeping the overdriven character of the early nineties version.
Light drive to full on British style tube amp distortion, the Evolution cuts through with articulate mids and just the right amount of low end to really stand out in a band mix. A blend of silicon and germanium components, great dynamics and touch responsiveness make the evolution sound and feel like you’re plugged straight into a cranked tube amplifier.
The standard drive, tone and volume controls are complimented by the contour control allowing you to set the mid range of the pedal from pronounced to a more flat response
- 100% Handmade
- True Bypass.
- Drive,level, tone and contour controls
- Top mount power and signal jacks
- High quality components
- Low current dimmable Led
- Requires 9v centre negative power supply or 9v battery
- Dimensions: 120 x 95 x 35mm – 4.7 x 3.7 x 1.5″ (Enclosure only)
- Power consumption 5.5mA
- Input impedance 1 MΩ
- Designed and handmade by myself using the highest quality components.
- Hand drilled and screen printed super tough anti-glare enclosure,
- Neutrik fully enclosed panel mount signal and DC jacks. (Not board mounted)
- Audio grade through hole components from MMK, Wima, Epcos, Vishay, Panasonic etc
- Low noise metal film resistors