Algal Bloom vs. Sonic Shroom?
The Sonic Shroom is higher gain, move overdriven, more modern, more tightly clipped.
– Bloom increases gain and saturation. When cranked, the fuzz compresses and gets into splattery overfuzz territory.
– Body Shifts a huge amount of lows in/out of your sound…but leaves your highs totally in tact. (Unlike Tone controls
that make you choose either [bassy and dark] OR [bright and thin]). Body also adjusts fuzziness.
– High adjusts highs content, separate from Body. Set your lows and fuzziness where you want it, then adjust your
– Gain toggle. It’s in the name. Full-on high gain or a slightly-cleaned-up distortion.
– Clipping / Headroom toggle.